ADVERTISING TIPS What to Do Or Not To Do?
Advertising is one of the most important components of your marketing strategy because it helps you promote your business and allows you to communicate effectively with your customers. In this document you will find a list of helpful tips to keep in mind when developing an advertising campaign for your business.
WHAT TO DO
- Familiarize yourself with the laws and regulations regarding marketing and advertising.
- Clearly and completely disclose all important information relating to an advertised offer, product or service.
- Use illustrations that are identical to the product sold.
- If more than one price is on a product, charge the lowest price.
- Make sure you have a reasonable quantity of a product advertised at a reduced price.
- When organizing a competition, disclose all the information required by the Competition Act so that potential participants know what to expect.
- Make sure your salespeople know what to do and what not to advertise, because your company can be held accountable for the information provided by your employees.
- Use the terms “rebate” or “balance” only when there is a significant price reduction.
NOT TO DO
- Do not confuse the “regular price” or the “regular price” with the “manufacturer’s suggested price”; it’s not the same price.
- Do not use the term “regular price” or “regular price” in an advertisement unless you have offered the product in good faith at that price for a long enough period of time or have sold a significant quantity of the product at that price. price.
- Do not make a “discount sale” that lasts a long time or is repeated every week.
- Do not increase the price of a product or service to cover the cost of another product or free service.
- Do not make any promises about a product or service, even if you believe it, unless you can prove it.
- Do not sell a product at a higher price than advertised.
- Do not unduly delay the awarding of prizes when organizing a contest.
- Avoid small print warnings. However, if you use them, make sure the ad message and warning are not misleading.
- Avoid using in an ad words or phrases that are unclear and meaningful to the average consumer